Thursday, April 19th, 2018
5:00- 9:00 p.m.
Main Street Alachua
Join us for...
Third Thursday on Main in downtown Alachua! This is the perfect place to get your "pre-weekend" on! Every third Thursday of each month Alachua's Downtown area comes alive with the sound of music, unique dining and shopping, and so much more!
This month's Third Thursday features live music by Friday Avenue,food trucks, and an artwalk sponsored by our local Main Street businesses (artwalk map is forthcoming)!
MAIN STREET RESTAURANTS:
Alachua Sport's Pub
Main Street Pie Co.
Popovers on Main
Tony and Al's
Latin American Fusion
Endless Summer Ice Cream
ArtWalk Featured Artists
- Nika Zakharov is a portrait painter who works primarily from live models. She portrays her subjects as colorful and astute. Zakharov earned her five-year degree in painting and art history from Odessa Grekov School of Fine Arts and BFA in printmaking from the University of Florida.
- Lee Hanes is a local woodworker and owner of Alachua Antiques. He will demonstrate his wood carvings and painting with acrylic. He is a seven-year Desert Storm veteran.
- Kevin fitz explores the rural landscapes of the region through photography. Local to Alachua, Fitz portrays the beauty of the springs and natural landscape close to his home.
- Santa fe artists guild is a student group from Santa Fe Community College. The work of several student artists will be on display.
- Denise Katz Howick is currently a Tench/ Lennie Kesl Artist Studio member. She was born in East Orange, New Jersey and at the early age of 11 began to study anatomy, portraiture and oil painting at New York City's Art Student League. Her work leaves-out no color, a modern impressionist, with touches of surrealism, realism and German Expressionism.
- Richard Capennelli-Ingoglian is a painter and creates mixed media collages. He has been creating art for as long as he can remember but has only started showing it for the last four years. He likes to experiment with different styles, including impressionism, abstract and expressionism. His pieces are colorful and textured.
- Elayne Dubin will give nature and river painting demonstrations this evening. Owner of the Alachua Green Heron Art Studio from 2000-2012, Dubin is an artist and teacher from High Springs, Florida.
- Iris Coe is a self-taught artist and recent stage four breast cancer survivor. She discovered art after her first round with cancer, and recently closed her studio so she could focus on her health but starting to get back into it. Coe believes strongly in the healing effects of art.
- Rob Cooper is a potter who creates decorative and functional household wares. His hand spun pottery is earthy and reminds viewers of the potential for beauty in daily objects.
- .Jane shimeall has been an acrylic painter for 30 years and paints portraits, wild life, florals, animals, silk pillows, floor cloths and murals. Her paintings look like a combination of oil and water color washes.
- Music and Art Night at Tony and Al’s.